Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JEFF WALL- There is a underlying issue in this photo that know one but the 2 that are in it know about.
GREGORY CREWDSON- IS NOW MY FAVORITE PHOTOGRAPHER/DIRECTOR, all of his work really appeals to me. I had a hard time picking just one piece, i picked this one because I've written a short story about a young boy being lost in the wild, and this is exactly the picture i saw in my mind, its like he stole it from me and put it on paper, haha.
EDWARD STEINCHEN- Such a elegant and iconic era, when i look at this pic i can hear a jazz band playing in the back round.
CINDY SHERMAN- Ive noticed that the majority of the Cindy's photos are of a classy looking lady in and around places like the city etc, and than i saw this one and it made me think if she took this because she felt plastic and disposable.
LARRY CLARKE-I'm of the opinion that photos always seem to catch the side of people that they haven't seen before, the way i See myself inside and the way i look in photos is completely different, maybe that what he was trying to convey here?
ROBERT ADAMS- I saw a horror film called 'splinters' once, really crap film but this pic reminded me of it.
AKARI- With the despair look on her face i think maybe Akari was trying to show his version of the sinking feeling TONY VOCCARO- War I've always found so appealing photography wise, what i like about this pic is how you have this horse eating away unaware of the hostile and violent world that its surrounded in.
RICHARD BLLINGHAM- I really like this pic for its simplicity, its an empty room but it has a thousand faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment