Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MAP CRITIQUE

MAP CRITIQUE

1. HOW DID I PERFORM IN CRITIQUING MY ASSIGNED MAP?
I thought I did quite well in my assessment of Elise’s Map. I’m normally quite easy going when it comes to critiquing other peoples work but as the year has progressed we have found out that there’s a no prisoners attitude when it comes to graphic design, and its also the best way to improve any work I or anyone else has done.

2. HOW DID THE STUDENT CRITIQUING MY MAP PREFORM?
Elise I thought was quite easy going on my map, I had previously watched other people get their work critiqued and they got it a lot harder than what did. Elise although did make some very valid points about how to improve my work I just think maybe she have been more thorough that’s all.

3. HOW HAS CRITQUING MY WORK IMPROVED IT?
After taking down notes of what Elise and the class had said about my map it has improved tremendously. I think when you stare at your work for so long you don’t see the bigger picture and what everyone else wants to see, so its always good to have an outsiders opinion.

4. IS THERE ANY CRITISM THAT IM GOING TO IGNORE? AND WHY?
No I think everything that was said about my work was very valid, it has progressed it a long way. I’ve even taken their ideas and developed them even more so to improve its aesthetic appeal.

5. WHAT ATTITUDE SHOULD I TAKE INTO A CRITIQUE?
At the start of the year I took a lot of criticism of my work quite hard and insulting in some way, now I’ve realised even though its hard to hear at first its all part of being a designer, so I developed a tougher shell and taught myself to take it as advice more so than insults so that’s the best attitude to take into a critique I think.

6. HOW CAN I PREPARE TO GIVE CRITICISM?
Study the work in question very thoroughly; take down notes about every small finer detail. Some ideas I had for Elise’s work weren’t maybe the best option but at least she was told some avenues to maybe progress herself.

7. ARE THERE GENERAL GUIDELINES IN GRAPHIC DESIGN THAT CAN HELP YOU PROVIDE CRITICISM? WHAT ARE THEY?
In class we took down some notes on what are the ideal things to look out for when critiquing someone else’s work and they were topics such as Colour, Typography, Style and things that related to composition such a
* Balance * Focal Point * Composition * Pattern * Space * prospective * Direction * Symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment