Tuesday, October 19, 2010

style study

STYLE STUDY
1. HOW DOES HAVING AN OPEN MIND ENABLE YOU TO DEVELOP STYLE?
I think everyone starting off graphic design has there own style in some way or another, if its illustrations, type, colour, theme. I also think having an open mind to progressing your style is very important because you’re not always going to have assignments or work projects that are suited to your way of doing things.
2. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE SOME UNIQUE SKILLS AND AESTHETIC ELEMENTS IN YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS?
Always good to have some originality and unique ideas when creating your work as long as its follows the topic theme the work is about. I think the first aspect in design that catches peoples eye is originality and that it’s done in a unique way to lure peoples attention.
3. WHY SHOULD YOU RESEARCH ARTISTS AND HOLD SMALL PERSONAL CRITIQUES ON THEIR WORK AT REGULAR INTERVALS?
Art is always progressive and there’s always a current change in design and the designers behind it all so its always good to keep up on modern designers and there work, critiquing there work is a good way to keep on top of your own work and how to progress your skills even more.
4. WHY SHOULD YOU BE AWARE OF LIKES/DISLIKES AND YOUR STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES?
I like a lot of different aspects about graphic art, there are also a lot that I don’t like, I think I relate many of my skills to the things that I like which makes me sheltered from the things that I don’t like which is not entirely a good thing because many of my dislikes are skills is need to learn as a designer, that’s why is always good to be aware of my dislike and weaknesses- progress my skills in every way possible.
5. IS STYLE DEFINITIVE OR DOES IT PROGRESS?
As I said above in question 1, I think everyone has there own style in one way or another but that doesn’t define you and your ability to develop it in many ways. I think its always good to have a base to progress from, to know what your strengths are early so you can develop other aspects of design to suit your way of doing things.
6. HOW DOES ATTITUDE AFFECT YOUR STYLE AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL’S PERCEPTION OF YOU?
When boils down, your really doing design work that professional people require to the best of your ability that’ll suit what there after, so being flexible in your style and attitude towards the way you do things will help the what professional’s perceive you.
7. WHAT ARE HABITS AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO BE AWARE OF THEM AS A DESIGNER?
Getting up early, being pro active, good time management ect are all aspects of habits that’ll help you become a good designer and produce work that professional require in order and on time.
8. WHAT DOES TIME MANAGEMENT OFFER A DESIGNER?
Because so much of graphic design relies on deadlines its very important to use your time wisely and efficiently, good time management will help a designer do there work to the nest of there ability in the time frame they have.
9. HOW DO YOU IMPROVE TIME MANAGEMENT?
I think if you become a more methodical person, especially in your in design process you’ll manage your time a lot better. Even starting habits at home that’ll all come into play with your thinking process, for example, eating well, good sleeping habits, tidiness, getting up early and exercise.
10. WHAT IS A CONSCIENCE AND HOW DOES IT AFFECT BOTH YOUR STYLE AND YOUR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
The dictionary says Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition, or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes right from wrong. How I relate this to graphic design is and its affect on my style is this, as a designer you might face topics of moral indifference, things that might go against your idea of right, I think these certain topics could affect your thinking process and how to portray them successfully, although I think as a designer your need to be impartial and keep an open mind.
11. HOW DO GENERALLY ACCEPTED MORALS AND YOUR OWN STANCE AFFECT YOUR DESIGN AND YOUR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE?
I think as impartial as I try to be to the relationship between my work and my morals, it’s hard to keep the 2 completely apart. I think everyone needs morals and standards, but as a designer if you hold them to high they affect your attitude and the way professionals see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment